Turn off IPv6 for certain profiles

Hello eero Team!

The ability to enable/disable ipv6 based on profiles would be absolutely phenomenal!

Some software requires strict adaptation of an ipv4 stack only, and throwing ipv6 into the network can complicate things.

If ipv6 could be turned off on a profile-by-profile basis, this would be allevited.

As an example, with this feature, a profile called "No ipv6" could be created, with ipv6 checked off (similar to how you've implemented ad-blocking for profiles), and multiple hosts tossed into it, without interrupting the rest of the hosts on the network.

Let me know what you think I could probably draw up some diagrams of how it would look, I'm aware this may be a tad difficult to implement as the base eero will be in dynamic mode going out to the WAN with both addresses, so it will need to be able to isolate the hosts based on profile. This is a much cleaner way than doing it through a Linux host for example, which requires turning off ipv6 completely, and messes with the system and causes some software to not work entirely.

Please eero team, this would be very helpful!

Regards,

Christos

Reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
Vote Follow
  • 1 mth agoLast active
  • 5Views
  • 1 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com