Load Balancing

I have a Base Unit and 1 satellite unit to cover 3900 sq/ft and about 26 devices connected including laptops, printers, smart phones, iPads, Galaxy Tablets, TVs, Ring devices, Sonos units, smart outlets, L2 EVSE and garage door opener.

23 devices connect to 1 eero while just 3 connect to the other eero.

Eero should utilize automatic load balancing and detection software to prevent connected devices from attaching to just one eero. Otherwise, what’s the point of having additional eero units on the network if just one is providing most of the device connections?

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • You have an insufficient number of eeros covering that much space in my opinion. Two Pros for example are (only) rated for 3500 sq ft so I'm guessing your leaf node is struggling with a less than terrific backhaul path to your gateway eero. Perhaps that's why most of your clients hang on to the gateway node. Support could check your network node connections and confirm that and offer suggestions to correct the problem. 

To answer your other question, client devices don't like being told what node they should connect to. They can be gently pushed towards a particular node but ultimately it's up to the client device.  

Vote Follow
  • 9 days agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 11Views
  • 2 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com