Export/import all settings to upgrade to gen2

How do I export all my (huge amount) settings so I can upgrade my 7 gen 1 eeros to gen 2?

Way too much and won't do it unless I can export/import.

So how can I do this? If not available now, when will it be?

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Lou,

Thanks for reaching out!

Keeping all your settings is actually pretty easy. If you are replacing all your existing eeros with 2nd-generation devices, you will first need to add a 2nd-generation eero (non-Beacon) to your network. Once added, you will replace it as your gateway (the eero connected to your modem or upstream device). From there, you can remove all the other eeros, and add the new ones. This will maintain both your settings and account.

For more, please see this article: https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002792786-Can-I-replace-my-1st-generation-eero-with-a-2nd-generation-eero-

• Lou G
      • Lou_G
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Jeff C.  

So to confirm that if I do it this way, all my port forwards and reservations would not have to be re-entered?

• Jeff C.
      • eero Community Manager
      • Jeff_C
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Lou G correct! Just make sure you don't delete your network before adding the new eeros (you won't be able to remove your existing gateway eero from your network without deleting the network).

• ncFoCo
      • ncFoCo
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Jeff C. 

I just decided to upgrade my entire network to Gen 2. Can I assume that this migration technique will maintain my Eero Plus subscription seamlessly? I have Eero plus connected to my 1Password and Encrypt.me subscriptions now and do not want to cause any service disruptions.

• Jeff C.
      • eero Community Manager
      • Jeff_C
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

ncFoCo Yep! As long as you are keeping the same network, all your eero Plus settings will remain the same. With the connected subscriptions, these are actually at the account level and would be OK even if you were to create a new network.

• ncFoCo
      • ncFoCo
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Jeff C. 👍 Thanks!

Vote3 Follow
  • 3 Votes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 731Views
  • 3 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com