ports not "stealth"

I just installed my Eero's and they are working great.  However, I did a "ShieldsUP" port scan and my ports no longer report as stealth.  most are now just "closed" with a few showing stealth.  My prior router setup used to report all the ports as stealthed.  is there something I missed during the setup? is this something I should be concerned about? I've looked around in the app but don't see anything pertaining to those settings.  thanks for any info.

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi, Rick – thanks so much for posting your question here, and welcome to the eero Community!

In regards to port "stealth," this is a functionality that eero doesn't currently offer. While there are arguable pros and cons to the general implementation of stealth on firewall ports, it remains at this point an unofficial and unsupported function of TCP/IP, and isn't regulated by RCF guidelines concerning ports. 

The IETF is currently considering the official implementation of stealth functionality, but an actual date on when this might be ratified is unknown. Until such time as this function is added officially to TCP/IP, it's unlikely that we'll offer such an option, but please rest assured that the eero's built-in firewall is still quite secure, and your network is as safe as can be from outside intrusion!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and thanks again for joining us here in the Community!

Kindly,
    Drew, eero Community Team

• Thanks for the peace-of-mind Drew!!  I love these Eero's and how simple it was to set up. I was just worried I may have missed something in the settings when I saw those port statuses. I won't worry about it now;)

I was literally up and running in a few minutes! amazing!!! My wifi has now been rock solid!

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 691Views
  • 3 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com