Feature request: MAC address filtering

Are you planning on implementing MAC address filtering? I love your product and recently started using it (got 2 eeros covering my 2500 sq/ft home). Your security approach is very much appreciated, but I believe having MAC address filtering provides additional level of security, as passwords can be breached. I understand that MAC addresses can also be spoofed, but it is much more difficult. If the password is not designed to be difficult enough to guess, once it is breached, the access to network is wide open, whereas with MAC address filtering, any device without the approved address will not gain access to the network.
On the eero app, (at the point of identification of all devices), it would be helpful to have an option to approve the device's MAC address or reject it if you do not recognize it.

40replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Sill looking for this feature.  Even if you cannot outright block, maybe set it so that any new MAC address only gets a very, very small amount of bandwidth until pulled into a profile so it can be managed.  That would be better than having kids easily circumvent these controls..

• Any status on this feature request?  Issues installing HP printer and I received this message.

Vote59 Follow
  • Status Under Consideration
  • 59 Votes
  • 2 mths agoLast active
  • 40Replies
  • 3930Views
  • 34 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com