Guest network switching

I am finding lately that my devices are choosing to log Into my guest network in lieu of my preference, the main network where my shared devices and IoT devices are. Does anyone else have this issue? It is resolved by me when I manually choose the main network and switch it back, but as machines seem to go idle or leave and rejoin my network, they are preferring the guest over the main. Help?

4 replies

• cMoo92
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

On your devices, why not just forget/delete/remove the guest network so they won’t join it in the future?

• chadstep
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This continues to happen--favoring my guest network over my main network, even when I have re-arranged their priority in my network list. Yes, I can delete the guest, but I'm curious/wanted to share this with the Eero team to see if it is a larger networking bug. The other day my main network would not let me join, but my guest network would, which I think may be related. I renewed my network lease and restarted my wifi on my device, as well as the device itself, but to no avail. Eventually, I joined the guest network for a few minutes, then rejoined the main network and everything returned to normal. Curious if this has happened to others or not...

• Drew
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Thanks for bringing this to our attention chadstep !

With the computer continuing to favor the guest network over the primary network, we'd definitely want to look into behavior issues on both the eero side and device side. If you could shoot an email to support@eero.com with the Header "eero Community – Attn: Drew" I'd be happy to start investigating this with you ASAP! We look forward to helping you further, and hope you have a great evening!

Kindly,
      Drew, eero Community Team

• IanFrost
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have a similar issue.  All my passwords are shared across my Apple devices.  All of them connect to the main wifi except one laptop that only wants to connect to the Guest network.  Any ideas?

Content aside

• 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 535Views
  • 5 Following