Automated Pausing of Family Profiles Based on On/Off Time
One of the best features of eero in my opinion is the ability to pause family profiles (when kids need to do homework, have dinner, etc.). It would be useful to set access hours for family profiles. As an example, my son's profile might be on from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Monday to Friday and paused at all other times on school days.
Hi jqj —
Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the eero community! We're glad to hear Family Profiles are working out so greatly for you.
With regards to scheduling profile pauses, this is something you can already do 😀 Here are the steps to create a schedule:
- Open your eero app
- Tap the menu button and select Family Profiles
- Tap on the user's profile
- Tap on Set a scheduled pause and select Add a schedule
- From here, you can create a schedule
- Once complete, tap Save
This will add the scheduled pause. If you would like to add additional pauses, you can go back to the spot where you added the first schedule and tap the "+" in the top right corner.
I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Hi EnchantedSky —
Thanks for writing in! If a device is set to pause at a certain time, the internet will cut off from that device as soon as the pause begins. There are a couple cases where content would continue to be accessible:
- If the device has cached data that doesn't need to be downloaded at the time of the pause, it will be able to play.
- If the device can use cellular data, a user can toggle off WiFi and continue to use their device via cellular.
I hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help with or look into, feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us at email@example.com .