Some devices not staying on Eero's WiFi

Have three Eero 6 pucks - firmware is up to date. Some devices (only phones so far including new Androids and iPhones) periodically drop the WiFi connection then automatically get it back. The amount of time it takes to drop varies - except for one Android phone that drops and picks it up repeatedly about every second - which makes the WiFi connection unusable on that particular phone. Both a desktop and laptop PC don't have any issues keeping the WiFi connection. Any suggested troubleshooting steps to try would be appreciated.

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Also, Guest network currently has no Internet - was a able to fix it once by restarting the pucks. But restarted again to try to fix the dropping WiFi problem and have no Guest Internet again. 

• Hello,

I wanted to reach out to you and see if you were still experiencing this behavior with your phones. The first troubleshooting steps that come to mind are to forget and rejoin the wifi network. Next is to restart the phone. If both of those steps do not resolve this behavior please send me a direct message or reach out to our support line. I have included a link below that will help you determine the best number to call to reach us if you choose that method.

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207376426-How-do-I-contact-eero-support-

If you have resolved the behavior, would you mind sharing what the solution was?

Thank you,

James

eero Support

• alanfh
      • alanfh
      • 10 mths ago
      • Reported - view

James 

Hello,

I have the same issue with my iPhone´s wife (XR) and mine (X), both iPhones get disconnected and connected every 5 seconds, I already reset the Eero pro and Beacons, I created again the Eero´s wifi network and restarted the iPhones but the problem it still exist. The Macbook and iPad are fine they don't have this issue.

• James Im having the same issue with my samsung phone, it connects and 3 secs later it disconnects from the network.

• I have been working with Eero support through Reddit. Through various rebooting of pucks we have gotten the Guest network working. We have one new Android phone that won't connect to the main network, but connects to Guest fine. The next step suggested was to swap the main puck with a slave. We are going to save that step for later after we monitor the network some more to see if devices still get dropped.

• If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn't work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it.

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 wk agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 223Views
  • 5 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com