Will my HP Deskjet 3054A Printer Connect to EERO?

I cannot find out if my printer supports WPA2 AES-based CCMP encryption, is there a way to find out?

Otherwise is Ethernet the only option?

Thanks!

Shira

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hello shirawinston ,

I know HP has a new app that helps customers connect their printers to WiFi. I did a search for the printer on their website and was not able to find a guide for that specific printer. I would reach out to HP support if you are not able to add it through the app or with the guides provided with the printer. I can tell you that eero does not support WPS though. 

• James thank you!

• I have tried both manual and auto ip on the printer but no dice. It used to be able to connect? Any advice? (other than calling support, the wait time is ridiculous and I am still waiting a week for a response over email)

• Hello Farrellb ,

What is your network SSID name? I've had some customers in the past that were able to resolve this by changing their SSID. Their previous SSID had special characters in it and that was causing problems with the printer.

• Make sure your printer can connect. Then turn the WPA feature back on again. The printer connection profile needs to match the WiFi network.

• WPA is one of the WiFi Protected Access encryption protocols.  WPA currently comes in the original (outdated) WPA2 and soon WPA3 forms.  It has to do with your WiFi password when attempting to connect to a WiFi network.

If the printer is complaining about WPA then you either mis typed the password or selected the incorrect WPA password setting when attempting to connect to the network.

A way to confirm the problem is tied to the password is to temporarily turn it off for your network.  Make sure your printer can connect.  Then turn the WPA feature back on again.  The printer connection profile needs to match the WiFi network configuration or else the connection will fail.

Like 1
    • In case you want to say thank you!
      We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team MyGiftCardSite.

Like Follow
  • 2 wk agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 28Views
  • 5 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com