Netflix App on Samsung TV Stopped Working

Last night I installed a new 2nd Gen. Eero router to replace my Airport Extreme.  I had 18 devices on my network.  Everything went smoothly with one exception.  My Samsung Smart TV is wired directly to the router.  After switching routers and reconnecting to my network:

• The TV showed that it was connected to the internet
  • The Amazon Videos app worked perfectly
  • None of the Netflix, Hulu or YouTube apps would load

The Netflix app gave me an error code related to network connections.  The others just failed to load completely.  I tried connecting to the Samsung TV through the wireless network with exactly the same results.  Netflix works fine on every other device in the house (Roku, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Computer).

I rebooted modem and router. I called Samsung support who were terrific.  They spent almost two hours on the phone with me, connecting remotely and resetting the tv remotely to factory settings and reinstalling the Netflix app from scratch, manually changing DNS settings.  Nothing made a difference.  I don't get good enough cell service in my home to try running it from my phone as a  hotspot.  At the end they said it must be a network security setting somewhere in the Eero or Spectrum and to call them.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to fix?  Right now, if I want to watch Netflix in 4K on my 75" TV, I think I'll either have to upgrade to the Apple TV 4K or put my old Airport back and try to return the Eero.

If I put an ethernet hub on the back of my modem and connected the TV directly to the modem (through the hub) with a separate cable running to the router, would that work without degrading performance on the TV or router?  I have no understanding of networks.  So much for the big writing on the Eero box that told me I would never have to think about wirelesss again!

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Contact eero support. I bet they’ll be able to help you get this resolved pretty quick.

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • 9 mths agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 86Views
  • 2 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com