Bizzare behavior with eero. Random websites blocked with connection reset
So I am seeing some bizzare behavior with eero. I have a setup with one gateway and one beacon (pretty simple setup). After I updated to 3.18.1-7, suddenly random websites won't load. I am also unable to download any files! So far I have seen
- Discord will not startup because it can't download updates
- I am unable to download any files (skype, discord, android studio, etc.). It all fails with "Network Error"
Steps I have taken so far
- I know this is a problem with eero because I connected directly to the model and everything works
- I know that my networking is not an issue because if I connect to VPN.. everything works
- I tried restarting the eero
- I tried resetting my network
- I have all eero Labs feature turned off
Looks like eero is blocking some random downloads (js, exe). I have eero Secure, but I have it turned off.
I am at my wits end on how to fix this!! I have to throw my eero in the trash if this doesn't get resolved soon.
For those interested, eero has issues with SB6183 modem (which is what I have)
On this whole issue, eero support has been fantastic :) They have been very helpful and I am in the process of looking into how I can resolve this issue (maybe Arris can push a new update, or I probably would have to buy a different modem). Netgear CM600 seems to be a popular choice in the forums.