Issues connecting to 'gateway' eero when moving from different room

For 99% of the time, the eero mesh wi-fi is great (using 3 standard eeros spread across a 4 bedroom house)

But, and this is only a specific situation, if I'm moving to my front room (which is where my 'gateway' eero lives) from a room where I've been connected to another eero, my Mackbook pro fails to automatically connect to the gateway Eero and my internet hangs. 

I have to turn my wi-fi off-and-on on my Macbook for it to be able to connect, after which the internet works fine and I can move around the house (until the next time it tries to connect to the gateway eero).

My wife who owns a Dell Windows 10 laptop also experiences this issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Devices choose what AP to connect to.  The AP does not determine what device connects to it. Many hold on too long. 

• I'm having the same issue and its extremely annoying. I have to take my work laptop back and forth between my office and the baby's room and each time I have to disconnect wifi and reconnect. It would be nice if someone from eero can address this issue.

Like Follow
  • 20 hrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 29Views
  • 3 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com