Why did my Eero use > 250GB download last month

Sorry to be that guy but what the heck? My network system used 1/4 my paid for capacity for “speed tests and things”? Are you going to pay for part of my bill? How do I stop or throttle this bull?

It also used 331 GB in the month before.

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I'm pretty sure that the report is just inaccurate. I don't believe it's that the eero unit itself used that much bandwidth but rather devices connected through that eero unit used the bandwidth. 

• JESimpson
      • JESimpson
      • 5 mths ago
      • Reported - view

cMoo92 One would hope; however, it only started reporting that much data, on those devices, in the last two months. So either it's a bug, or there is an issue where they are sending heartbeats, or doing downloads/uploads to test speed too frequently (again, a bug). Started recording high data on those devices specifically on October 1.

• JESimpson Yea, mine were doing that too when I had it in NAT mode and it was tracking activity. I had to switch it to bridge mode to run a different router because of a certain use case I have so I haven't seen if they fixed it yet or not in a beta version (it was happening to me in a beta version back in September-ish).

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 mths agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 50Views
  • 2 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com