Eero and Netgear GS108 Switch

I've successfully setup my Eero, connecting it to a Virgin Media hub 3 set to modem mode.

I have various ethernet connections i need to make (Hue lights, TV etc) so bought a Netgear GS108 unmanaged switch.

I have connected the Hub3 to one of the ethernet connections on the Eero and another cable from Eero to the Netgear switch.

I get green flashing lights  on the switch but nothing has an Internet connection.

I know nothing about these switches. From what I read, you just plug all cables into any socket, including the one from the Eero. Is that right? Currently its in port 1  though have tried it in 4 and 8.

Have switched everything off and then on again (Hub3 then Eero then switch)

What am I doing wrong? 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hello Paulch ,

You've most likely contacted support already. But in the off chance that you had not, try connecting another device directly into the eero and see if you get internet access. If you do, it could be that the switch is bad. Let me know if you still need assistance with this.

• Best Non-PoE Unmanaged Ethernet Switches. 1.  MyGreatLakes Cisco Systems SG112-24-NA Ethernet Switch, 2. Netgear ProSAFE GS108 Ethernet Switch, 3.

Like Follow
  • 4 days agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 14Views
  • 3 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com