What are these devices

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi, Jbug307 – thanks for taking the time to reach out, and welcome to the eero Community forums! Glad to have you aboard! 

To start with, I definitely understand that it can be worrying, if not alarming, to see devices you don't recognize on the network. After looking at these screenshots, while unfortunately I can't really say for sure what these devices could be specifically, I can assure you that these are very likely not malicious or unknown devices.

When we see "Manufacturer Name," that's referring to the company that made the actual WiFi component inside the device. While larger companies like Apple and Amazon and Google are able to have their components made for them specifically, many electronics manufacturers use 3rd party devices. Companies like Pegatron, Hon Hai Precision, Liteon Technology, Murata Manufacturing, and many others will often appear in connected devices lists simply because the router (eero does this too) is displaying them at face value.

In the case of screenshot #2, it looks like your device has a hostname that you would've entered manually, so you should be able to tell which device that is. For the other two, you can compare the IP address with the addresses of devices on the network. Alternatively, while it's a little more work intensive, you can power down every device in the home, and then power them one-by-one to see them come online via the eero app. When you see a device come online that you don't recognize, it'll be the last device you powered on. 

Please let us know if you continue to have any questions or concerns and we'd be happy to help further!

Kindly,
    Drew, eero Community Team

Reply Like
reply to topic
Like Follow
  • 6 hrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 29Views
  • 2 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com

Latest from the eero blog

eero, plus peace of mind

Learn more about eero Plus and how our security suite helps to keep both your devices and everyone in your home safe while online.