Stuck on "Looking for Eero devices..." Bluetooth
Looking for some help from the community regarding Eero setup. After replacing my Spectrum modem, my Eero network would not come back online. So, I deleted the network from my Eero app entirely and hard-reset the gateway Eero and unplugged my second Eero. Despite many, many attempts, I cannot get the app to move on past the "Looking for Eero devices..." screen. The Eero light does turn solid blue, indicating a pair but the app never progresses.
Things I've tried:
- I've tried hard-resets, no avail
- I've connected the ethernet from my modem straight into a computer to confirm internet is live and working
- I've tried setting up both Eero's as the gateway, neither moves past the same spot referenced above
- I've tried three different devices with the app, two iPhones and one iPad
- I've tried turning off bluetooth and wifi and waiting
- I've tried deleting and reinstall the Eero app
- I sat on the phone with Eero this weekend for over an hour and they tried to "push" a new network configuration to my Eero, that did not work
I am running out of ideas here. I tried to call Eero today but sat on hold for an hour and had to move on to other things in my schedule. I bought a cheapo Netgear router from best buy to get me through until my Eero's are fixed. But I have to say that for a premium product, my experience has been totally abysmal. I installed Eero's at my parents house before they were purchased by Amazon without issue. So, I thought I'd do the same at my house and bought the 2-pack maybe 3 or 4 months ago now and I am starting to regret my decision.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get the Eero's back working.
Hi folks, I found a workaround solution by downloading the eero app on an android phone and then setting up the network. After that I am able to see the network on the iOS app. Definitely seems like an app issue on iOS, most likely after the iOS 14 update. My best guess is that it’s most likely something to do with Bluetooth security protocol in iOS 14. I have requested the technical support team to escalate this issue to senior engineers to further investigate. Let me know if the workaround works for you guys! Good luck!