Two ISP single eero set

So where i live internet providers are not that good, so i pay for two internet services, is ther any way to connect both to the eero and make it change from one to the other automatically?

13 replies

• txgunlover
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You'll have to buy a dual WAN router and put it in front of the Eero.  

• billgettys
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Does anyone have real world experience with setting up a dual WAN router like the Linksys Business Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router (LRT224) or the NETGEAR ProSafe FVS336G Dual WAN VPN Firewall in front of an eero network?

• TheYetiDidIt
      • 8 mths ago
      • Reported - view

this is older than dirt, but for future generations using an OpenWRT Router like  WRT1900ACSv2 infront of the Eeros (bridged) will let you do Dual WAN failover/loadbalancing (MWAN3 pkg)

• LWB
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

On the contrary - still very much a relevant topic. Working on this exact scenario today. It looks like I’ll lose some of Eero’s advanced features (e.g., HomeKit mgmt), but after four days of AT&T fiber being down and working from home, I can’t risk having only one ISP any longer. Bringing in a second 1 gig fiber service leveraging a non-AT&T backbone and will load balance both using a dual-WAN router sitting between the two ISP modems and my Eero.

• TheYetiDidIt
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

yes, I've deployed OpenWRT with failover using starlink and T-Mobile 5g as backups. It's a great solution

I was calling that specific WRT router model older than dirt (but still relevant).

• LWB
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

How do you like the 5G service? We don’t have it here yet, but I wouldn’t minding moving one of my circuits to a cell service when it does become available.

• TheYetiDidIt
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

definitely cost effective. with a tower nearby its ~200mbps ~50ms latency. it came in handy with Comcast's unreliable network in my area, but my primary is ATT full fiber now which has been much better.

• macjune
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

did anyone try this setup?  planning to also get an LRT224 Router and connect to the eero mesh

• Maximo
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have the same problem as  Jose, I pay for two services  and was wondering if anyone has the setup with the https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-LRT224/ actually working.

Thanks!

• Walu5433
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I had to use a ubnt Edgemax X router in load balancer mode, both WAN with DHCP for ipv4/v6 and the DHCPv6 for the Lan. The weeks are in the lan segment bridged, with all my forwarding port settings...

• diabolicus23
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've this kind of scenario but the dual connectivity is managed by a NGFW.

Basically this is the flow:

ISP 1 - Router 1

Switch - NGFW - EERO Aps (Bridge Mode)

ISP 2 - Router 2

• John_Lan
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

My network includes 2 EERO pro and 3 beacons. One EERO pro connects to main ISP, the second EERO pro uses LAN cable to connects a WiFi repeater which bridges WiFi from cell phone AP as a backup ISP.

It seems working this way.  

• jnmbaker97
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

This is interesting wondering if there is a way to Load Balance between the two?

Content aside

• 3 Likes
  • 3 mths agoLast active
  • 13Replies
  • 2758Views
  • 11 Following