I just bought the Amazon eero mesh WiFi router for 69 dollars on Amazon was hoping to get a few questions fielded.
I live in a 55+ retirement community, new building and I'm trying to make my 700 sq foot apartment, completely smart with Alexa. Through a lot of trials and tribulations, I have quite a few things done that are very useful and some just because they're cool.
I consider myself an average user, when it comes to computers and Alexa.
I have a small apartment, but have 4 Echo Dot 3's and 1 Echo Dot 5 with Clock. I tied them all into my fire stick and created a group Den, where I can use my sound bar as well and play music. I have smart bulb lights everywhere a few Bliss night lights, along with an Evolve Sky spectrum (Stars and clouds) all of that. I also have a Blink doorbell system, with the camera and when someone presses the doorbell, all of my Echo's HOWL as I picked that as a sound. It will also say (All 5 of them) Someone is at your door bell.
I can say - Alexa, show me the doorbell through "Fire stick" I have to say "Fire Stick" and the Camera will EVENTUALLY load on my 43 inch Sony TV. It's very slow.
I was hoping that buying the Amazon eero mesh with Wifi router, could really speed things up. Since my apartment is so small and it claims to be good for a 1500 sq foot apartment, it should be great for a 700 sq foot one, right?
Will this device improve my overall speed to ALL of my devices, especially my Blink Doorbell cam?
Oh I also have the Amazon Thermostat installed.
Hi Craig Jude
It may help speed things up. For that amount of square footage you would only need one eero. Which model of eero is this?
One other bit of data that would be useful. Your current wifi, is that a separate device from your modem or is it built in?
Hi Michael - It's a Panoramic Wifi from Cox - It's a separate unit, so I guess I'll plug the Eero into it? It doesn't say what model, I know it's not the 6 Wifi one, and the price went down to 69 dollars. Here is the description.
I'm hoping to get the Doorbell camera to the TV quicker. I also just installed the Amazon Alexa Thermostat and got so lucky, just had to plug it in.
Here is the description
- FAST STANDALONE ROUTER - The eero mesh WiFi router brings up to 1,500 sq. ft. of fast, reliable WiFi to your home.
- WORKS WITH ALEXA- With eero and an Alexa device (not included), you can easily manage wifi access for network profiles to take focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- EASILY EXPAND YOUR SYSTEM - With cross-compatible hardware, you can add eero products as your needs change.
- WORKS WITH YOUR INTERENT SERVICE PROVIDER- eero replaces your wifi router and works with most major internet service providers.
- SET UP IN MINUTES - The eero app guides you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- DON'T LET WIFI SLOW YOU DOWN- Get the most from your WiFi by streaming, gaming, and working from anywhere across your home.
- GETS BETTER OVER TIME - Receive automatic updates to help keep your network safe and secure. Online security and additional network management features available via a separate subscription.
- EXPERIENCE THE EERO TRUEMESH DIFFERENCE - eero’s patented TrueMesh technology intelligently routes traffic to reduce drop-offs and dead spots.
I couldn't stop the shipment of the other one. Should I just return the other one right away and get this refurbished one? And are refurbished ones as good?
I'm trying to cancel the one I ordered for the plus one.
- 6 mths agoLast active