eero and Gigamonster MAC registration

In my neighborhood, we have a contract with Gigamonster for fiber internet. However, for first time use with a new wireless router, we need to register the MAC address through the portal by accessing a registration site (no other website or internet access is accessible at this point; just that registration site).  However, the registration site is inaccessible when setting up any eero mesh system (eero or eero Pro).  I have tested a couple of ASUS routers, the Nighthawk X6, the Nighthawk XR500, Velop, Orbi, and AmplifiHD; all of them were able to access the registration portal without issue. I found out about this problem when running comparison tests.

When trying to tracert or ping the site when a new eero unit is plugged into the main ethernet line, it times out.  I am unsure if there is something in the eero or eero Pro unit that is blocking that site, or if it is something on Gigamonster's end.  I had to write up a guide for homeowners who have purchased eero and can't set it up (basically setting up eero like a AP by plugging it into the old router that is registered, successfully finishing eero app setup, writing down the eero unit's MAC address, then calling Gigamonster to manually register the MAC address).  I suspect it is an issue with the eero and eero Pro units, like something completely blocking that site.  I emailed eero about this, but didn't receive an answer.  Trying my luck here!

Reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
Like Follow
  • 1 mth agoLast active
  • 7Views
  • 1 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com