Latest Software 6.4.0
Anyone else noticing that wifi is disconnecting frequently after this recent software update to 6.4.0?
Getting timeouts as well, diagnosed it yesterday. Perhaps has been happening for a month or more, as have had weird internet glitches for that long. This is not a placement issue, everything is optimal, and all eeros are connected to each other via cables. Anything connected to the eero network (linux, mac, windows) has this timeout issue simultaneously (tested wired and wireless), whereas anything bypassing the eero network and connecting directly to the modem does not. Abysmal template responses here from Eero. Have your engineering department provide your support.
Other debugging steps we've tried:
1. toggling eero settings
2. replacing cables
3. replacing switches
4. testing wifi and wired
5. adjustments in case of overheating or dust
6. testing different dns
Debugging steps still to try:
1. Ipv6 mode, that was mentioned by another user here
2. changing the eero dns server to the modem's ip
3. adguard dns server connected directly to the modem, that the eero can then leverage for dns
4. swapping the gateway/router eero (the one that plugs into the modem) with one of the other eeros, in case the main eero has become faulty
it would be ideal if we could also try downgrading the firmware
If anyone also has good cross platform monitoring software recommendations that would be good, right now windows hard fails however macos and linux seem to wait upon these failures to resolve, so we are using ping commands with appropriate environment specific flags to monitor.