Moved, new house, no wired LAN
We've been running 3 Eero's in our house (Colorado) for the last 2 years and everything was good for the most part. We also had wired LAN through part of the house which allowed us to extend the Eero range further by having each one on the LAN.
1) We are moving into a rental house here in Florida and there is absolutely no LAN nor anyway to back-fill a LAN. So, my main question is, can I hook my 1st Eero (red in image) to the modem, then run a switch off of the 2nd Eero (blue in image) for my home office (desktops with no WiFi) and again on the 3rd Eero (blue in image) for our media center?
2) How do I start over with all of the settings?
3) I also have a lot of IoT devices (Hue Lights, 3 Echos, Wemo switches, Nest, etc). I just want to confirm that these all need to be on the main network
Running 3 Gen 1 Eeros. Looking at subscribing to the Plus Package as well.
1) Absolutely! That’s exactly how I have my 3 eeros setup (with switches behind the “leaf” eeros).
2) There’s no need to reset your eero settings, unless you had a static IP setup with your previous ISP. Just plug them in (in any order) and they’ll configure themselves. And you’ll keep all your wireless settings the same and whatnot.
3) Your IoT devices might not need to be on the main network (I.e. join them to the guest WiFi network instead), but I wouldn’t recommend that. Even if they do work on the guest network, that means you’ll always be connecting to them through the server, instead of directly—even while on your local network. So that can impact speed.