Switch from Orbi to Eero...one eero + one beacon sufficient?

I am currently using an Orbi setup (RBK30 - Base router + one satellite) and it covers my home really well w/high speed connection, but the connection is not stable/reliable enough (drops of internet connectivity and sometimes the entire Wi-Fi network). 

Current setup is router in office (closer to one end of the home) and beacon in hallway leading to bedrooms (at the farther end of the house).  W/the Orbi I'm well covered in this setup in bedrooms at one end of house (near beacon) and family room in the other end (near router). 

I think I'd like to switch to Eero, and was wondering if the same router/single beacon setup I use above w/the Orbi will work well in my home w/Eero.  

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I also just switched from a 3 unit RBK50 to a 3 unit Eero Pro + 1 beacon for my 4500 sq feet.  Depending on the distance between the Eero and the Beacon it might be enough or you might want 2 Pro's instead of a Pro and a Beacon.

Like 1
      • Danabw
      • Danabw
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

txgunlover Thanks. So sounds like I'll need a system w/more units, or a pro system to match up w/the coverage I get w/the two Orbi units. 

Appreciate the info, thanks. 

• I went from the RBK53 ORBI with a router and 2 satellites to the eero Pro WiFi System, I have better coverage and greater speed. The eero system was a breeze to setup and I have experienced ZERO problems. 

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 615Views
  • 3 Following

Need Help? We're here for you!

We're big on support, and we want to make sure you always have the best eero experience possible. Here are several resources you can use if you ever need our help!

Quick links

Community Guidelines

Help Center

Contact eero support

@eerosupport

eero.com